Posted by Editor on 05/9/23
Shimano Canada Limited is a global company offering the world's sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, G. Loomis, Lazer, Power Pro, PRO and Bikefitting.com. We are seeking an Independent Sales Representative for Western Quebec to join our TEAM SHIMANO. Our Canadian headquarters are located in Peterborough, Ontario.
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than SHIMANO CANADA LIMTED. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
The Sales Representative will lead all Independent Bicycle Dealers sales for Western Quebec, Canada.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Sales Representative will focus on sales, go to market actions, and service for our Independent Bicycle Dealer Network in Western Quebec. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with the Internal Sales Team Members to strategize, plan and implement territory objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the development of territory plans through collaboration with Shimano Canada's internal Sales Team
• Become an expert in Cycling components, Apparel and Accessories
• Successfully manage and grow all aspects of our retailers relationships
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge
• Servicing existing accounts, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales
• Serves customers by selling products and meeting customer needs
• Provide regular market feedback as is relates to sales planning & forecasting
• Provide industry leading sales and sales support (pre and post sales)
• Achieve sales targets by category and brand
• Recommend changes in programs, service, and policy by evaluating results and market developments
• Responsible for Product Knowledge sessions ensuring accounts & staff are given product knowledge on an as needed basis
• Help develop calendar for promotions and sales initiatives and monitor/gather results
• Work with the Shimano Canada Marketing Team to develop appropriate plans for the territory ensuring support for outlined sales goals and Retailer success (sampling, seeding, POP, displays, fixtures, ambassadors, etc...)
• Work with the Marketing team to plan key events within the region
• Assist in deployment of Marketing actions to support dealer base as required (trade shows, exhibits, and other events as required)
• Work with the Shimano Canada internal Credit Team as needed
• Provide an appropriate computer and cell phone that will support any software programs deemed necessary by Shimano Canada
• Montreal area based sales representative
• 3-5 Years selling experience within the cycling/outdoor/action sports industry - or similar role
• Strong presentation, negotiation and problem solving abilities
• Proven ability to meet sales goals and grow sales
• Ability to close the sale
• Experience in analyzing sales reports and recognizing potential opportunities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
• Strong presentation skills
• Motivated self-starter
• Exceptional time management, organizational skills/efficiency
• Ability to travel long distances multiple times within each season, including some weekends
• Confident, with a positive personality
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Suitable vehicle, valid driver's license, with valid insurance
• Valid passport with ability to travel in the USA
• Registered Canadian Business
What we offer:
• Competitive commission based pay structure
• Online B2B resource
• Marketing and PR support; industry leading digital, retail and sports marketing assets
• Professional Sales Management guidance and Customer Service support
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the qualifications we require, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your current Cover Letter and Resume in PDF or Word format to email@example.com.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Shimano Canada Ltd. reserves the right to modify and change responsibilities and duties herein without notice.
Shimano Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, colour, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any classification protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Shimano Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment and selection process are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required. We will work with you to meet your needs.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|