Posted by Editoress on 10/27/20
Cycling Canada has announced that they are receiving applications for a new senior position at the Federation - Chief Sport Officer (CSO). Applications close November 6th.
The CSO will be an integral part of Cycling Canada's senior leadership team with overall responsibility for designing, implementing, monitoring and leading all elements of Cycling Canada's sport programs from entry level to the Olympic and Paralympic teams in alignment with the organization's long-term strategic plan. The CSO will be a key leader in building a culture of collaboration and excellence underpinned by the organization's core values and within the framework of a safe and inclusive sport system.
The CSO position will be based at Cycling Canada's head office in Ottawa, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
At Cycling Canada, we are a passionate team working collectively to make our organization an indispensable resource for all Canadians directly or indirectly involved with cycling. The new CSO will contribute to our success by delivering on several key Areas of Responsibility, including:
• Leading and overseeing the Cycling Canada sport system including athlete and coach development, high performance programming, and performance sciences, in alignment with the organization's long-term strategic plan.
• Promoting and developing collaborative and aligned relationships between Cycling Canada and other key stakeholders in the Canadian cycling community, including professional teams, PTSOs, event organizers, COPSIN, clubs, private coaches, funding partners and performance partners including Own The Podium.
• Contributing to the ongoing implementation and stewardship of Cycling Canada's strategic plan, including the articulation of multi-year and annual operational plans to achieve the established performance objectives, and making appropriate adjustments as required.
• Leading the development and implementation of programs that create effective athlete and coach development pathways.
• In collaboration with program heads, oversee and manage budgeting for all Cycling Canada sport programs.
This role requires an exceptional senior leader whose Skills and Competencies include:
• Exceptional team building and leadership skills.
• Proven sport technical, administrative and financial management abilities.
• Superior understanding of sport development strategy and high performance sport system planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Demonstrated commitment to and previous success in the application of performance science, innovation and research.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team of dedicated professionals in the pursuit of common goals.
• Clear understanding of the principles of athlete and sport development.
• Experience and capacity to drive excellence in organizational management including the ability to lead and manage staff; to manage and develop high performance teams to set and achieve objectives; and to manage budgets.
• Passion, integrity, and self-directed.
Key Qualifications & Experience
• University degree in kinesiology, physical education, sport management/business or sport science related disciplines, or equivalent experience.
• Proven experience in elite international sport - 10 or more years of experience, including demonstrated success leading high performance programs at elite world championships, Olympic Games or professional sport equivalents.
• Proven experience in developing strategies and proposals, defining requirements, preparing reports and delivering presentations.
• The ability to work in English and French is an asset.
• Experience working in cycling is an asset.
If you are a team player with the passion, skills and experience that Cycling Canada is seeking and love to bring new ideas to the table, you might be the person we are looking for so we invite you to send us your application in confidence. Please include a cover letter, stating your experience and understanding of the position, along with your résumé, as one PDF file. Applications are to be summited electronically by November 6th, 2020 to: Irene Lis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Criminal record and credit checks will be required of the successful candidate prior to hiring.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadian Citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Cycling Canada is committed to diversity and employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Thank you to all applicants in advance. We will be in contact only with those selected for an interview.
Download posting Here
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|